In a world full of mass produced designs, it's sometimes hard to stand out from the crowd, or find that gem that suits every single one of your needs without compromise.
At Karu Atelier you can get a bag that is as unique as you are. As all of our bags are already made-to-order, the step to fully bespoke bags is smaller than for most brands. Because of this we can offer bespoke designs at a fair price. Customisation, custom colours, and entirely bespoke products are always possible.
Whether you just want some initials, an added pocket, or an item designed to your specifications just for you: We can do it all!
Custom strap/chain length
Custom lining colour
Gold coloured hardware and logo (instead of the standard silver colour)
Extra charge customisations:
Added pockets (€10 - €50 depending on size)
Size deviations (contact us for price)
Custom hand-dyed leather colour (€50 - €100 depending on size)
Together with you we can design a custom bag entirely to your needs and specifications.
Steps to make your own bespoke design:
1. You send us all the specification that you need your custom bag to have. We need to know what features you want, including the size, and any specific things you want to be able to fit inside. If you have already made sketches yourself, or if you have some inspiration pictures these would also be very welcome.
2. We calculate an estimate of total price including design fee (without obligation).*
3. Once the price has been accepted, we design the bag together with you (First sketch, edits, final design).
4. Choose any of our standard or hand-dyed leather colors
5. Choose a lining colour
6. Choose an edge colour
7. Choose a thread colour
8. Choose gold or silver coloured hardware and logo
* Our bespoke designs carry a design fee depending on the size and complexity of the design. These fees range from €35 for minimal mini bags up to €175 for intricate briefcase designs. The fee is used to cover the costs of designing and making custom templates, and gets determined after we receive all the necessary information regarding the specifications of your bag (step 1). Besides this design fee, you can expect a similar price for your bespoke design compared to similar sized bags in our standard collections.
Previous bespoke designs
Below you can see some of the previous bespoke items we have made.
Bespoke Carryall Tote for a client who wanted the perfect large tote she can carry every day. Made to fit everything she needs on a normal day, a laptop, accessories, extra clothes and workout gear. She also really wanted to add a bit of chain to make the bag pop.
Bespoke Round Bag for a client who wanted to add several high end elements, with a focus on details. We added a classic handle on the top, a unique way of attaching the strap and other small details such as leather pulls on the zipper.
Bespoke Satchel Bag for a customer who needed a bag to carry everything he needs for choir practice and performances. He wanted a more masculine looking bag that gets a lot of character with age, so we left this bag unlined with raw edges. We added side pockets for all his necessary accessories, and straps in the front for a music stand. The bag is made perfectly to size to fit his binders with music notes.
Bespoke Round Bag in a fresh baby blue colour. This one is the same design as our standard Round Bag
, but we used a buttery soft calf leather that we rescued from another leather brand. The piece was going to go to waste, but luckily it was just big enough for us to use on this project.
Bespoke 3-in-1 Bag in a fully natural vegetable tanned leather. The customer wanted a bucket bag that transforms from a shoulder bag, to a crossbody bag, to a backpack. This natural, undyed leather will tan with use and create a beautiful patina over time.
Bespoke Crossbody Bag from hazelnut upholstery leather. The customer wanted an easy to use crossbody bag that fits her notepad and study book for daily life, but also something that she can use when she travels. We used a secure lock that keeps valuables safe when exploring new places.